The chances are that we all have most of these items hidden somewhere in the jungle that is our house so why not put them to good use?
1. Use a banana to get rid of CD/DVD scratches
2. Use olive oil to remove eye make up and for a closer shave
Cut off a length of it and stick on your clothes to remove fluff and hairs.
For many, these soluble discs provide appreciated relief from a woeful hangover but they also have the power to clean your toilet after just 20 minutes. I'm not sure how reassuring this is knowing we ingest them every now and then.
5. Use Earl Grey tea bags to get rid of sunburn
6. Use egg whites to clean leather
Gently scrub the egg whites into your dirty leather, and wipe off with a damp cloth. Your shoes or bag will look shiny and new in no time!
7. Use a hairdryer to clear a foggy mirror after a shower
8. Use mustard to get rid of the pain caused by a burn
9. Use newspaper to deodorize food containers
Stuff a balled up piece of newspaper in the container or the flask, seal it and leave overnight to get rid of any smells.
10. Use a bowl to amplify your music
11. Use nail files as a stain remover on suede items
They're not only useful for making your nails all pretty, they can also be used to gently buff your suede shoes or bags.
12. Use stainless steel spoons to get rid of garlic or onion odour from your hands
After slicing onions or chopping garlic, you can neutralize the smell on your hands by rubbing your fingers on a stainless steel spoon while its under running water.