From his days at Leeds to his days a pundit, John Giles is a true senior analyst.
He may not be on the panel for this Saturday's match against Scotland but we still think John Giles is the undisputed senior analyst.
How did he earn that title? Well here are nine reasons to start us off.
1. He is the only one who knows the true definition of a great player
2. He has the ability to simply dismiss positions
3. He carries the other panellists on his back
4. He's a showboater
5. And he can be naughty when he wants to be
6. Really naughty
7. He's got a lovely singing voice
8. He showed true patriotism by insisting on wearing GAA shorts during his soccer career.
9. John is such a senior analyst that he gets taken advantage of